Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Comparison of Nova And Myself Through The Years - Pics

 


Nova Starshine is based on me, in both appearance and personality. Over the years, his look has changed quite a bit, as has mine. I first made Nova, then called Luna, when I was in 2013 when I was 23. I have since lost almost all of the screenshots I took of him over all those years in a water on my computer incident, so I don't have the picture where my mom's friend exclaimed "That's you!" before I even told her that Nova was meant to be based on me. I only have the pics that were on this blog, and so have done the best I can with what I have to show the evolution of Nova and myself over the last several years.


This is as close to the birth of Nova as I can take you with the pics I still have. At this time, I was still identifying as female and was still in the goth phase that I wore quite proudly all through high school. I tried to mimic my face shape as best as I could and gave Nova similar makeup to what I was often wearing at the time.


This is in about 2016, right before I started getting so sick. I had stated identifying as nonbinary at that point, and gave Nova a makeover to match. I made him some kind of emo-ish clothes with a flat chest, as that was how I was dressing at the time. I lessened his makeup, changed the general style of his hair, and gave him the facial piercings I wanted to get. (I never got them because when I got sick soon after this I became allergic to all metal jewelry and couldn't even wear my existing ear piercings anymore.)


That brings us up to now. I have figured out that I am a trans man, and I have gotten quite ill. Nova no longer wears any makeup, dresses lore-friendly, and I adjusted some of his face shape to match what I look like now. My illness shows on my face a bit if you know what to look for, plus I'm 31 now and have aged a bit. The main thing I did was adjust his eye shape. My eyes have started drooping in the last few years. I can't fully open them anymore due to issues with compressed nerves, so they look different than when I was younger. (The difference isn't as pronounced in these photos because the first two were taken outside and I was squinting in the sun.) We both have brown hair now, as I have become severely allergic to hair dye. I adjusted his jaw and chin a little bit as well, and I think he still looks enough like me that if you know he is based on me, you might be able to tell.

I love Nova as a character and have loved evolving him with me through the years. I really enjoyed going through the pictures I still have and picking out the best ones to showcase the different phases of our lives. Anyway, I hope y'all found this at least a bit interesting. I found it fun.

3 comments:

  1. It's so great that Oblivion allows to create such unique characters that can change with you. I also have a character based on me, it took me a long time to create her - and I still modificate her look a bit, when my real appearance have changes. And I can say, she is very important to me.

    And yes, you have done a wonderful job, your and Nova's faces and general appearance are really very similar. I really like it! :)

    (English is not my native language, so please be kind to my mistakes.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. Also, your English is pretty good. Only one mistake: I don't think modificate is a word. It should be modify. Just letting you know for knowledge's sake. I have zero issues with mistakes, but want to be helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll try to be more careful next time. :)

      Delete